Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dancing in my underwear can be considered cardio?

So apparently dancing around in your underwear can count as cardio. Strange, but true.



Well, there are a few guidelines to this. The music should be relatively fast and you need to do it for 30 minutes.

Now, given that I know this and that I really don't like going to the gym for the first three weeks of January, mostly because I'm looking forward to all those people who can't keep their resolutions (but not I!), I thought I would give it a try. I closed my living room blinds, loaded iTunes, and played a playlist filled with fast pace songs that I like.

Needless to say, this was some of my most fun cardio to date. I could do it at home, with no need to put on special clothing, and listen to music I wanted to. I could also try my own interpretation of different types of dancing, including modern, ballet, hip hop, and Irish. It was like being a kid again!

That being said, I think half an hour was a long time to keep my attention. I love dancing, but I think I would prefer to dance with my friends at a bar or take a class.

Either way, this type of cardio might be one that I can turn to in my hours of cardio need, which definately means a plus in my books!

Image found at .

No comments:

Post a Comment